Thursday, September 6, 2012

Getting there.

I wrote this yesterday on the plane but havent had time to post it until now.

So. It still has not sunk in what I am doing. I can’t believe that right now I am sitty on an airplane to New York next to my two AFS buddies, Charlotte and Miranda. I saw Miranda in line at security and she saw my luggage tag and we realized we were on the same flight. Charlotte I met on the plane because Miranda saw her in the airport. We switched seats so we are sitting next to each other and it has made the flight much more fun (but now the flight attendants hate us…). We tried watching the movie Battleship, but it is really not that interesting so we stopped. Right now we are about halfway to New York (we are over North and South Dakota) (I think). But after I do this I have to write some letters that I will mail home in New York (hopefully).

                And now to the real point of me writing this: I believe some thanks are due for some people.


Mom and Dad:

So I just wanted to say thanks and that I will miss you a ton. I really appreciate you letting me do this. I know you will survive and I will Skype and email you a bunch. I hope you have a great year and I can’t wait to see you in June.

Joshua:

Have a great year! Don’t do anything stupid and don’t date (not that I think you are going to…). Have a great time with your friends and have fun during soccer. Stay in scouts and get Life. I’ll miss you!

Isabelle:

Thanks a ton. For everything you have done to help me prepare and telling me about AFS and getting me started. I am already having a great time and I know that it will only get better. I don’t know when it sinks in but it hasn’t yet. I hope you have a great year! Have fun volunteering and we need to Skype sometime during the year.

Ian, Sammy, Jessie, Christine, Chris, Annika, Phoenix, Drew, Jesse and everyone else:

Have a great year. You will all be missed. Thanks for your friendship, it means a lot to me. We need to send letters and Skype (don’t worry, I already have your addresses) and just have a great year.

Upper School Drama:

I will miss you all dearly. You all make life super fun and I will miss Drama this year. I know the performances will be great. Have fun, act well, and make every performance great. And I just thought you should know, the song I am listening to on my iPod is “The Circle of Life.” Oh, and one day during office hours/lunch we are Skyping. Just FYI.


Everyone, have a great year. I will miss you all. I hope to see some of you on the Spanish trip (and if you are in Spanish and you “aren’t going” you are now. J And if you don’t, its ok. Just know that I will be forever mad at you for not going (not really, I totally understand). Anyway, see you in a year!

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment